Wednesday 14 January 2009

Spiced Pumpkin Soup with Bacon


Whilst I was cooking the potato pie tonight, I whipped up a batch of Spiced Pumpkin Soup with Bacon for our work lunches over the next couple of days. Aren't I the Domestic Goddess?! It smells very enticing, redolent with ground coriander and cumin. I added some carrot and celery, and a potato, as I didn't have quite enough Butternut Squash, but it is still essentially a lovely golden squash soup. It will be served with shards of crisply grilled pancetta sprinkled over and some nice crusty bread.
PS: this was a very nice soup, and not as spicy to eat as the recipe suggests. It is made milder by the addition of a little cream, and this combined with the pancetta made for a much more 'Western' eating experience than all the cumin, coriander and chilli would have suggested. Lovely and soothing for lunch. We have it again today, so cheap too!

No comments:

Post a Comment