Sunday 22 February 2009

Slow Roast Lamb with Chickpea Mash


I mentioned last night about the hot chocolate pudding being a much more effective air freshener than those horrid plug-in ones. Well, this long, slowly roasted lamb dish was even better, with its aromatic rub of garlic, thyme, cumin and paprika. After 4 and a half hours, the bones fell out when I picked it up to remove it from the dish for carving. It went beautifully with the chickpea mash too, although I found I had to 'loosen' it a bit with some stock, as the quantity of olive oil suggested by Nigel wasn't enough to make it creamy and smoothly-mashed. Loads of leftovers, so I shall make a moussaka-type dish tomorrow for tea. Another really good dish, great for a trouble-free Sunday dinner. It was washed down with a nice juicy Cotes du Rhone Cairanne 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment