Sunday 6 September 2009

Baked Mushrooms with Tarragon Mustard Butter [#149]


I used little portabellini mushrooms for this delicious dish - although I am afraid I radically trimmed the amount of butter and mustard - 50g of butter instead of the suggested 125g and 1 heaped teaspoon of Dijon mustard instead of....wait for it....2 tablespoons. Just excessive, sorry Nigel! Lovely served with crostini as a starter, and we have leftovers too. I imagine this would work as a sauce for pasta as well. This was the first in a triple bill of wonderful, fragrant Nigel dishes this evening - it is on nights like this that I am so glad I am doing this challenge - I wish all of you could have smelled my house today!

1 comment:

  1. You know, I'm surprised that with all the fat (butter/cream/cheese etc) that Nigel loves to use he's not the size of a house! I am late to your blog but I really love it.
    The Kitchen Diaries is one of my favourite books - I like to just sit and read it and have actually only cooked a couple of things from it, so I'm eating vicariously through your post. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete