Sunday 26 July 2009

Orange Yoghurt Water Ice [#128]


I should have started this sooner! I was hoping that my ice-cream maker would do its duty, but it was pathetic today - it is only one of those ones you freeze overnight, and it didn't have enough welly for either the quantity or the texture for this ice (not at all creamy - a sorbet really with a bit of yoghurt). We had to resort to a plastic box in the freezer, and were only able to scrape together a few scoops from around the edges tonight - my fault, and it will be fully frozen tomorrow. We served it, as Nigel suggests, with slices of fresh peach and also some luscious ripe cherries from Kent. The ice was tart and refreshing - I expect it would be totally marvellous on a blisteringly hot July day, but it is rainy, windy and chilly outside - well, we can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment