Saturday 11 July 2009

Grilled Chicken with Lemon and Couscous [#118]


Please PLEASE do not follow Nigel's suggested ratio of stock to dry couscous, or else you will end up with a clarty porridge instead of nice separate grains. He suggests half a litre of stock to 150g couscous - I suggest more like a quarter of a litre. In fact, I always measure couscous and liquid by equal volume, rather than weight.

There. I have that off my chest! Otherwise, nice tasty recipe, excellent flavouring from preserved lemon (which I'd never used before. Wonder why?), aubergine, mint and coriander. I used the remains of a roast chicken from last night, which I kept in big chunks and quickly heated on the griddle pan. Served with two more Nigel recipes as sides: courgettes with lemon and basil, and roast tomatoes with anchovy and basil. A nice Med vibe to the meal. Good to get back to Nigel after a very busy week's absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment