Thursday 23 July 2009

Cannellini Beans with Coppa, Spinach and Mustard [#125]

As usual, I took some liberties with this recipe. No coppa as I don't really like it - too fatty - so used some delicious roast gammon leftover from earlier in the week. Also, I used tinned cannellini beans 'cos life is just too short to soak and boil! Also, I just couldn't bring myself to use a whole TABLESPOON of Dijon mustard in a dressing for two people, so it was cut down to 1 teaspoon - perfectly nice with that, thank you. So, a nice easy salad, with great local spinach from the pick-your-own. We accompanied this with some delicious courgette and feta fritters, just because we are greedy and wanted something hot too. Well-seasoned with chilli, garlic, shallot, mint and coriander, we have loads left over for lunch tomorrow, including some for my mate Dibbles, whose magnificent courgette was used for the fritters.

2 comments:

  1. How long do the courgette frittas keep, or do you think they'd freeze? I keep looking at the recipe for them and the huge pile of courgettes in my fridge and wondering how many to make :)

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Well, I made a huge stack last night, and took some into work today for lunch. They reheated really well in the microwave on a sheet of kitchen paper - not quite as crisp as from the pan, of course, but still yummy. The reamining ones in the fridge still look fine and hubby is eating them tomorrow. So, all in all, I reckon they'll keep for a good 3 to 4 days. I wouldn't freeze them, though, as feta tends to break down when frozen, and I suspect they would emerge when thawed as rather flabby and wet - a bit like a Tory MP LOL! They are very, very delicious, and we could have just kept eating them and eating them last night until we popped, so treat yourselves!

    ReplyDelete