Sunday 20 March 2011

White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies

These went down very well at the Comic Relief Cake Sale at work on Friday - apparently, anyway, since I didn't get to taste any!  A blondie is like a brownie, but with white chocolate instead of dark and muscovado light brown sugar to give a 'blonde' colour and caramelly flavour.  All its other qualities (or vices, depending on your view) are the same - high sugar, high fat, high chocolate, high squidgyness inside contrasting with crispness without.  Very rich, I imagine, but I guess I'll have to make them again to find out!  The respberries give a lovely colour and testural contrast, and probably introduce a welcome note of tartness - I imagine.  (do I sound bitter at not having tasted any?  Me?).  The recipe comes from the Good Food site, and is a doddle if you have a good electric mixer - the eggs do need to be beaten to quite a volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment