Sunday 13 February 2011

White Lady Cocktails

Looking at previous blog entries, I can't believe I haven't mentioned this one before - perhaps because it is such a timeless classic, I just presume everyone knows it.  But if you don't, do make yourself one, it is such a perfect, delicious drink.  We use 2 parts of Gordon's Gin to 1 part each of Cointreau and freshly-squeezed lemon juice and gomme/sugar syrup to taste - we use around half a part syrup, but start with less and taste until you get the level of acidity you can bear.  Shake on ice, and serve in a martini glass with a lemon twist.  Perfect accompaniment to smoked salmon blinis.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...white ladies are my go-to cocktail if ever i'm asked, by someone who is 'making drinks' what I want. So simple, so elegant, so satisfying- like me??!?!

    ReplyDelete