Sunday 12 December 2010

Beetroot and Orange Soup

I love taking home-made soup into work for lunch during the winter - so much more satisfying than a 'cardboard' sandwich and a packet of crisps from Boots!  Regular readers will know of my cravings for beetroot, and this is a lovely fresh approach to beetroot soup, with a little lift given by the citrus.  This is adapted from a recipe by the marvellous Scots cook Lady Claire MacDonald who runs the Kinloch Lodge Hotel on the Isle of Skye - I would love to go there one day (hint to Hubby, 2011 is our Silver Wedding anniversary.....).  Here is a link to the recipe - I didn't use any dill, although I am sure this would be a lovely addition if you have any.  So, a large bowl of this is tucked away in the fridge for work  - something to look forward to, at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment