Sunday 21 March 2010

Asian-style Ribs [#233]


A delicious marinade from Donna Hay of Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, masses of grated ginger and a little sugar and five spice powder. However, as with Nigel last year, she suggests marinading raw pork ribs and then roasting them. This would be anathema to most Aisan cooks - I know - my great friend Gi makes a mean pork rib, and she ALWAYS cooks them before hand, in water, for about an hour. The meat is then already tender and much more receptive to the sticky marinade - a final blast in the oven for 20 minutes is enough to have them emerge glistening with the meat dropping off the bone - just delicious, and it is impossible to stop eating them! Do make these, but also, do follow my advice if you want tender succulent meat and a glaze that hasn't burnt.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh these ribs look amazing! Hoisin sauce is one of my faves! I would like to try this.

    ReplyDelete