Monday 17 August 2009

A Salad of Fennel, Winter Leaves and Parmesan [#139]

I know, I know, it isn't Winter! But this recipe has been hanging around since the January pages of The Diary, and I needed to get it done. It is more or less a Caesar Salad with finely shaved fennel. You can see why I didn't want to eat it on a cold January evening. I made it into more of a main meal salad by grilling some boneless, skinless chicken thighs that I had marinated in olive oil and garlic. I also tossed the hot little croutons in grated Parmesan for an extra savoury touch. Felt good to get this recipe out of the way! By the way, the Caesar-style dressing is INCREDIBLY rich, we only used a spoonful or two, and dressed the bulk of the salad with ordinary vinaigrette. I can't find the recipe online so, you know what I'm going to say by now, go buy the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment