Sunday 7 June 2009

Rosewater and Yoghurt Panna Cotta [#100]


Lovely, delicate version of panna cotta - as Nigel says, it isn't a recipe for purists, but I thought the yoghurt (Greek, of course!) added a lovely tang to the whole thing, as well as a beautifully silky texture. I blended some local strawberries with a spot more rosewater, and mixed some chopped strawberries in, to make a delicious compote that accompanied the creams nicely. Excellent dinner - before the lamb, we had home-made tapenade on toasted ciabatta, with a sharp and refreshing Bacardi and lime Daiquiri. We know how to live!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maggie

    I've taken to adding a dollop of crème fraiche to my panna cotta for that extra tang, so I bet Greek yoghurt would be good too. Despite what Nigel says I do use UHT -- it's all we can get here -- so the addition is a necessity!

    ReplyDelete