Saturday 9 May 2009

Orecchietti with Roast Tomatoes and Basil Sauce [#85]


Perfectly nice recipe, just like the sort of thing I would make myself. One thing I did differently from Nigel was to skin the tomatoes first, but then I was using large ones rather than the cherry toms he suggests (although I did fling some of them in as well!). Nice wholesome veggie supper, with English strawberries and some juicy navel oranges to follow - we feel quite virtuous! No online recipe, sadly, but basically, loads of ripe tomatoes, garlic, olive oil - grill or roast till jammy and brownly blistered, mush through cooked pasta with a touch of cream or creme fraiche and loads of fresh basil. Add grated parmesan - voila!

1 comment:

  1. I do a recipe similar to this one and we love it. It's so simple and cheap to make. We have a salad and some crusty bread with extra virgin olive oil for dipping. YUM.

    Thanks for following me...I hope you visit often.

    ReplyDelete