Tuesday 24 August 2010

Mary Berry's Pasta Amarilla

This is a recipe I return to over again - using, as it does, smoked haddock, one of my most favourite things to eat. Essentially, it is a cheesy pasta bake (I use big tubes of rigatoni) with fresh tomato, chunks of smoked haddock (no need to cook first), blanched spinach and today I added some fresh sweetcorn kernels. Mix all this with a good cheddary white sauce with some fresh chives, if you have them. Tip into a baking dish, sprinkle more cheese on top, and bake in a hot oven for 25 minutes until bubbling and brown, and the chunks of fish have cooked. Allow to settle for a few minutes and devour. The fish imbues the whole dish with a lovely smokiness. Heaven. This changes each time I make it, and I have used sweated leeks, peas, cooked mushrooms, broccoli - let your imagination rip. Probably wouldn't use blueberries, though. This is based on a recipe from Mary Berry and her 'Cooking at Home' book, which is a very dear old favourite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment