Wednesday 4 May 2011

One-pot Salmon with Roasted Asparagus and New Potatoes

picture courtesy of www.bbcgoodfood.com
Could dinner have been any yummier or simpler?  I found this on the BBC Good Food site, which is a very reliable pitstop when I run out of ideas.  Over 110 people have rated this a 5-star dish and they weren't wrong.  I can do no better than link straight to the recipe and pinch their picture.   A couple of changes (of course!): I used some lovely fillets of hot-smoked salmon and popped them on top of the roasted veg for just three minutes to gently warm through in the oven.  And rather than balsamic at the end, I drizzled over some fresh pesto, which was a gentler finish - sometimes I find balsamic vinegar a bit harsh....unless you've shelled out an arm, leg and kidney for the good stuff from Modena.  Anyway, do make this - I know I will again.

1 comment:

  1. It looks really good. Want to try.
    Do I need to put other things in apart from pesto, no herbs are needed? And how long the vegs need to be left in the oven? Sorry, I am not good with oven and totally beginner with western food. :)
    Shibin

    ReplyDelete