Friday 9 October 2009

Haddock with Crumbs and Tarragon [#165]

.....except I didn't have any tarragon. Instead, I made breadcrumbs mixed with chopped chervil, lemon thyme and parsley. Nigel adds quite a lot of anchovy fillets to this mixture too, but I added just a little, which was then used to egg-and-breadcrumb some lovely fillets of line-caught haddock. Rather than fry them, as Nigel does, I sprayed the fish with some olive oil and baked them in the oven next to some home-made oven chips and a dish of vine tomatoes. The result was a lovely healthy variation on fish and chips, with bags of flavour from the herbed breadcrumbs. Nice, relaxed Friday night supper with a bottle of Bourgogne Chardonnay from M&S - very nice. I'm afraid I can't hunt down an official online presence for this recipe, but you get the picture - either that or go get the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment