Friday 13 April 2012

Pinto Bean Chilli

OK, so there were no tinned pinto beans in Sainsbury's (though they had shelves full of tinned Aduki beans - what's that about?), so I used kidney and cannellini beans instead for this lovely Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall recipe from River Cottage Veg Everyday.  Seriously, if you haven't got this book yet, do yourself a favour and get it asap - Amazon has it for £15 in hardcover, and it will be money very well spent if you are a veggie or trying to eat more meat-free meals.  I have marked so many recipes to try and each one I have used so far works a treat.  The inclusion of red pepper and courgettes makes for a light and healthy version of chilli and we served it with the full works of home-made guacamole, shredded organic lettuce and grated cheese, all wrapped in warm wheat tortillas.  Delicious - just add chilled Mexican beer for a Friday night treat.  Definitely under a fiver.  I am afraid I can't find any official recipes for it online, and I don't want to break any copyright, so you will just have to buy the book!  Or leave a comment and an email address and I'll send the recipe separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment