Monday 5 September 2011

Pasta with Salmon and Courgette Sauce

I was ticked off today for not doing enough blogging over the last week, so, simple though this dish is, I thought I'd placate my fans and publish it!  I had some poached salmon left over from the weekend, so whilst a pan of pasta was cooking, I lightly sauteed a sliced courgette in a little butter with the zest of half a lemon, then added 40ml of Noilly Prat vermouth (or use white wine), the juice of the lemon, a heaped tablespoon of creme fraiche (use half-fat if watching your intake) and the flaked salmon.  GENTLY heat through (you don't want to split the cream or make the salmon go 'woolly'), and then drain the pasta, reserving a little cooking water, and toss the pasta in the sauce.  Thin with a little cooking water if needed.  Grind in lots of black pepper and some chopped parsley, and serve piping hot.  Italinas would never dream of adding Parmesan to a fish sauce, neither would I, but don't let me stop you, it's YOUR tea!

1 comment:

  1. hi maggiedon, per copyright conditions stated on my flickr page, I would appreciate credit for my photo of pasta with smoked salmon & zucchini with a link to the original blog post or flickr hosting page.

    http://rubbahslippahsinitaly.blogspot.it/2009/08/pasta-with-zucchini-smoked-salmon-and.html

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubber_slippers_in_italy/3790954001/

    Thank you for your cooperation on this matter.

    ReplyDelete